19 January 2012

Fly away CDs . . .

Inspired by Laura of Bugs and Fishes and her quest to give things away in her Less 365 challenge, I've begun looking around my house to see what I can get rid of. A while ago I looked through our CD collection and realised that we hardly listen to any of them anymore. Most of our music is now, I'm sure like the majority of you, is stored electronically, and we only listen to CDs when we are in the car. So, I sorted through our collection and ended up with a big "to go" pile and a smaller "to keep" pile. I'll share what I've done with the "to keep" pile soon . . .

I then had to decide how I was going to get the "to go" pile out of our house, and decided on my brother's recommendation, to use Music Magpie. It was really easy to use - you just enter the barcodes of the CDs that you no longer want, put the CDs in a box and then send them to Music Magpie. They then send you a cheque in the post.

Making the decision to cull our CD collection has freed up so much space for us! Before, they were stored in a cupboard in the spare room, but that cupboard is hopefully going to be taken out soon, when the bedroom becomes Torin's room, so we definitely had to do something!

I've arranged for them to be collected by a Music Magpie courier, and here's the box that'll be winging its way out of our house soon - there are 78 CDs in there!

Those empty nappy boxes definitely come in handy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...