17 August 2011

Can you guess . . .

what we're having?


Yep! We're expecting a girl! We've known for a few weeks now, and I think I'm just about getting used to the idea! For some reason I'd assumed the baby was another boy, so it really took me by surprise when the ultrasound assistant said that we were going to be having a little girl! I'm very pleased that we're going to have "one of each" though!

I know it may sound a little strange, but having a girl seems like so much more of a responsibility than having a boy - from choosing her name, to deciding what she'll wear. 

For the most part I guess she'll wear Torin's old clothes - I've always made sure his clothes are quite neutral in case we did have a girl in the future, and the walls of her nursery can stay the same colour (as you can see here, it's fine for a girl). However, I do want to ring the changes and give her her own space, and some things that haven't belonged to her brother, so I'm beginning to get excited and preparing myself for her arrival by planning the finer details of her bedroom - I'm sure further posts will follow on this!

2 comments:

Bristol Parenting Cafe said...

Congratulations - I've always thought older brother/younger sister is a great combo and Torin will be a fab older bro I'm sure.

beautiful square feet said...

Thanks! I think he'll be lovely too - he keeps patting my stomach and saying "baby girl"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...