15 July 2011

Can't stop looking at . . .

Each week, I'll be sharing with you something that has caught my eye. It may be a picture, blog, product or website.

While I was at my parents' house last week, my mum tole me that she wanted to re-decorate their downstairs cloakroom. Currently, the room has a pale blue suite, pale blue and white tiles and blue walls and my mum wants to change it to a white suite with dark wooden accessories and dark tiles. 

An image of a bathroom that I had cut out of Ideal Home magazine a few years ago sprung into my mind, and I tried to describe it to my mum, although I don't really think I managed to do it justice. It was this picture of Nicola Gill and John Ces' bathroom from their 1840s terraced house in Hastings, Sussex:


Images from here.

I think that the couple are very brave to use a dark colour so completely in this room, but those tiles work beautifully with the white suite and lime accents. So incredibly opulent!

As a lovely coincidence, when I got back to Cardiff, the August issue of Ideal Home was waiting for me, and inside was a complete feature of Nicola and John's house, along with this more recent picture of their bathroom:


Sorry for the quite poor quality of the picture - it was the only one I could find. I really like the fact that the couple still have the same bathroom, but that it now looks a little more relaxed (something I imagine that has happened as the result of their two children being born).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...