9 February 2011

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

I read about these in the i newspaper the other day - such a good idea, don't you think?

Image from here.

They are a set of 5 jar tops designed by Jorre Van Ast for Royal VKB. They are available from various places and were designed to fit most glass jars.

The tops (which come in a few different colours) can transform an old glass jar into a sugar pot, milk jug, chocolate sprinkler, vinegar pourer or a water jug.

I always send my empty glass jars off to be recycled, but it still feels like a bit of a waste of energy when they could be reused very easily. I would use an empty jam jar to house an open packet of nuts, but I would never think of using it as a jug. Using these jar tops would make this possible, and stop me buying newly manufactured products - all too often I find myself looking at attractive kitchenware in shops, even though I don't really need anything.

I found myself being drawn to this pretty flour shaker, when the new Cath Kidston catalogue arrived on my mat the other day. 

Image from here.

I know I would probably never use it, but still found myself wanting it. The Jorre Van Ast jar tops would save me money, and help the environment at the same time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...