18 February 2011

Can't stop looking at . . .

Each week, I'll be sharing with you something that has caught my eye. It may be a picture, blog, product or website.

I was very excited last weekend, when Marie Nichols of Whole Lotta Lovely, announced that the online homewares store she is launching with her fiancé Simon, was nearly up and running.

Called The Shop at number 57, the website will be filled with limited editions, one offs, homemade beauties and vintage items, all brought together by an underlying British theme:


Browsing the website is a joy - I felt immediately relaxed when quintessentially British post-war music began playing, as if someone had just wound up an old gramophone. The products that are currently featured on the website look fantastic, and as is usual with Marie, they are all beautifully styled and photographed.

I think my favourite photograph is the one showing the cute decorative buttons:


I also really like these vintage flashcards (they would look great in Torin's room) and painted chair:


I'm looking forward to seeing the finished site, with its no doubt wonderful collection of treasures.

3 comments:

kate Worthing said...

Looks really nice, look forward to seeing it when it's up and running.

beautiful square feet said...

Me too - soon I hope!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention - I'll keep you posted, it's all go here at the moment! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...