21 January 2011

Can't stop looking at . . .

Each week, I'll be sharing with you something that has caught my eye. It may be a picture, blog, product or website.

This week I was in the home section of John Lewis, when from afar I spotted the tell-tale multi-stem print of an Orla Kiely product, next to some white bed linen. When we got closer, it was as I had hoped - a white bed linen set with the tiny stem motif in white all over it. Lovely!

Image from here.

Like all Orla Kiely bed linen, this set comes in a beautiful box that features the signature multi-stem print, and it was this that caught my eye from across the shop.


I love that on the website, it says, "Please do not throw this box away. This packaging has been designed to be reused and enjoyed!" I'm lucky to have two of these boxes (I'll be featuring the bed linen sets we have in our bedroom in a future post) and they are really well made. They're the perfect size for keeping household paperwork inside them; however, I'm still to put anything inside mine - somehow it feels like I should put something more special than bills in them! I may actually end up cutting them up and framing parts of the print, especially as wallpaper featuring this print is really expensive.



I have said elsewhere that I'm trying to introduce more colour and pattern into our house at the moment. However, a crisp white bed linen set always looks great in a bedroom, and a well made, beautiful set like this, will last for years. I just wish that Orla Kiely king size duvet covers weren't £90! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to dream about this set from underneath the covers I have already.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...